Ginkgo biloba trees, are among the oldest species of trees cultivated in China and are believed to be 150 to 200 million years old. The ginkgo trees rise even and in average soil in full sun. 100 — 120 feet cans grow. Ginkgo trees suffer any illness and are very resistant to pollution and infection. These plants are rarely attacked by insects. Due to these reasons these trees would be tolerant in urban conditions and are increased as shade trees.
Ginkgo or ginkgo biloba extracts is made from various parts of these trees. Chinease has employed ginkgo biloba for the centuries for treating a variety of ailments. Now it is most researched herb and is used by the majority of the countries as medication.
Working of Ginkgo Biloba:
Ginkgo leaves comprises 2 groups of active components known as flavonoid glycosides and ginkgolides. These active ingredients assists in increasing blood flow to the brain and improving network of blood vessels, and thus increases the inflow of oxygen and essential nutrients to brain and other organs of the body and simultaneously helps controlling in asthma and allergic inflammation.
Advantages of Ginkgo Biloba:
The study on this herbal medication continues for the previous three decades and some of the benefits as evidenced by clinical studies have been summarized below.
• It’s a beneficial impact on circulatory system and it allows the system to behave more efficiently by enabling more blood circulation and thus more oxygen into the vital organs of the body including mind.
• Brain, being the highest oxygen consumer (20%) of the entire oxygen requirement of the human body, regulates the body better.
• The improved blood flow to brain including microcirculation in smaller capillaries increases memory and metabolic efficacy including dopamine regulation.
• Ginkgo biloba is useful for relaxing coronary arteries constricted by cholesterol.
• Ginkgo biloba is also helpful for relieving stress and anxiety.
• Ginkgo biloba can also be beneficial to elevate mood and restore energy.
• Ginkgo biloba controls platelet activity factor (PAF). Excessive platelet factor (PAF) in the body may cause physical stress, brain disease, and skin issue including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other hearing disorders.
• Ginkgo biloba is valuable for treating vertigo and tinnitus.
• Ginkgo biloba serves as an antioxidant and inhibits free radical formed in the body. Antioxidant plays an essential role for shielding cardiovascular and central nervous system (CNS). The combined effect of enhanced circulatory system and antioxidant improves blood flow to retina and regulates retinal deterioration causing a general improvement in visual activity.
• a number of the clinical trials suggest that ginkgo biloba is beneficial for treating Alzheimer’s disease.
• Ginkgo biloba can also be employed as supportive herbal medication for treating infertility disorder in men.
Though it is a herbal medication with enormous benefits, it shouldn’t be combined with specific antidepressants such as MAO (mono amine oxidase). As the medication will raise the effect of medication persons should avoid taking ginkgo biloba.
If you’re pregnant or intend to become pregnant, you shouldn’t take ginkgo biloba.
The possible side effects of the medication include
• Ginkgo biloba can cause some gastrointestinal ailments.
• Ginkgo biloba increases the risk of bleeding and if you have or had some blood clotting disease, you shouldn’t take ginkgo biloba.
• Another frequent side effects of ginkgo biloba might include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, headache and restlessness.
Should you see any of the side effect as mentioned above or any other negative effect, you ought to stop taking ginkgo biloba and consult your physician.